About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Saturday 8 October 2011

The Vintage Appeal

One of the fashions that does not seem to die out, is the vintage style, whether it be clothes, jewellery or home styling there is always a demand for a vintage look.

I myself find looking back at old fashions fun, you get a chance to imagine left back when and to see the development of personal/home styling through the ages. I do enjoy rummaging around at antique fairs and buying things to re-style the home, and more so, bits that I can re-use to create beautiful crafts- mostly vintage jewellery, of which I continue to build on.

I have recently listed some vintage bits on folksy- including these simple, but elegant earrings:

I am also currently loving the new series of Downton Abbey- as great as the story and acting is, I can’t help looking at the wonderful costumes and accessories they wear.

The other great thing about looking back at fashion, you seem to notice more so the dodgy fashions that sneaked through into many people’s wardrobes…even I have a few faux pars -  you live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment