About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Sunday 1 January 2012

Handmade Gifts

Hope all had a fab Christmas and New Year!
Here are a few of the beautiful handmade gifts I received and gave this year. A lot of time and effort went into all these gifts and I have been very pleased with them!

My sewing jar - including all the basics for a sewing kit, one of my crafts I hope to spend more time on this year!




Handmade scarfs - one knitted by my sister purple and gold, one sewen with vintage fabrics.
Hand sewen lavender doormouse- now keeping the moths away from my clothes!
A beautiful hand bound notebook with polymere clay cupcake and cupcake photo - my new craft book so I can keep track of my crafts to make and my crafting ideas! This was made by my cousin who you can find at Careford Creations on http://www.folksy.com/



Another Careford Creation - polymere clay bookmark and my favourite- butterfly! In my current book - Downton Abbey!
More handmade bookmarks, this time by me! Various charm and beads were used.

A personalised cushion gift of a much loved dog. Made by Gemma Payne at http://www.folksy.com/

Wishing you all a wonderful 2012!


2 comments:

  1. Some really lovely thoughtful gifts.I would have been happy to have had any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! Thanks for showing the book and butterfly:) xx

    ReplyDelete