About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Sunday 30 June 2013

The Great Outdoors

Some nice warm weather got me outside enjoying a walk by the canal & collecting elderflowers. There are so many blossoms out now & elderflower is a lovely refreshing drink - we've already been through a bottle and so I have collected 3 bags worth of elderflower which makes about 4 bottles of cordial per bag!!

The cordial is very sweet, but syrup like so you can also use it as a little dressing if you like on things like ice cream and fruit. I'll also be looking at what you can bake with elderflowers! I've frozen the flowers so I have time to come back to it as the flowers are turning to berries and I will be busy making elderberry cordial come autumn time - although be warned it doesn't last long before it turns alcoholic! Speaking of which, I was also going to look at making elderflower wine...




Elderflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment