About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Friday 31 August 2012

Fashion Through The Ages

Over recent years I have become more and more interested and drawn to vintage fashions. Yes some clothes/styles just don't suit, but you can always add a little modern twist to make them more suited/practical.

I thought, since we are building up to the new series of Downton Abbey and since doing some family history research and looking back over old photos I'd take a look at some vintage styles and fashions. This is an ongoing theme and I'll update with various images and descriptions, any good 'where to buy' locations and my own purchases and finds.

You'll find more about the fashions here, but as a quick taster here's a few images.

The 1900s

 The Dowager Countess Outfit - handmade, original period lace was used.

Corsets - all women of this period were expected to wear a corset, no matter your social standing, it was a staple part of everyday outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment