About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Saturday 22 September 2012

I dreamed a dream

Well, haven't beenable to get on and update my blog much- got all the ideas but getting to do them is tough right now.

It's been a rocky road and one that won't be getting any easier. Aside from the stresses of moving and all that we were hit by a massive blow that my mom has terminal cancer, it's definatly a difficult time and you just try to adjust and keep going, which isn't always easy. I hope to keep in touch with people and keep doing things I like when I get time and when I have energy. I am hoping to get back into my crafts as I plan to make bits and pieces for Christmas gifts. I also hope to get some new posts on here- I might even later today put a more cheerful one up! I also debated about doing one on cancer, more so as a help/advice to others going through similar things. I have actually just completed an aromatherapy course on cancer care so that's been useful.

Anyway, I always find music lifts me so here's some songs:

Through the rain

March On

Keep holding on

Disney - always light hearted!


2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your mum's sad news.My mum was given that diagnosis 3 years ago bless her, but she is still with us. Sending thoughts and hugs your way.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne.
    Sorry your mom is going through the same, but 3 years is good, I hope she is able to enjoy things dispite this. You never know timing with this illness, we hope she will be active and able to carry on, but she is very up and down at the moment. I think the next few weeks may give us some indication.
    Aside from that I am helping as much as I can and trying to keep myself busy.

    ReplyDelete