About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Lavender Lemonade

Having already made elderflower cordial this year, I thought I'd try something different. I was going with elderflower and rhubarb, but it didn't work out - I'm wondering if it's because I froze the elderflowers?

I did look on several websites and many people do freeze elderflowers and they are fine when making items later on, but it didn't work for me. I have some more left so I might try again, but for now I just made some lavender lemonade.


This was easy to do, but does need a fair few lemons, I used 7 I think to just get the 300ml needed.

Ingredients:
300ml lemon juice
250g sugar
1litre water (in total)
Approx 14 lavender heads - fresh or dried


Dissolve the sugar into 500ml of water, boil until dissolved.
Remove from the heat, add the lavender, cover and leave to cool.
Juice lemons.
Once Sugar mixture has cooled add the lemon juice and 500ml of water.
Strain the liquid into bottles.

Can be drunk straight away, or even better, chill the lemonade in the fridge and add a few ice cubes - delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment