About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Monday 2 December 2013

Christmas Literature & Film

So, it's coming to that time of the year. I always find myself reaching for certain books and films that fit this time of year.

So far I have read 'The Box of Delights'...better get reading then!!!

My reading list includes: 'The Hogfather' Terry Pratchett
                                         'A Christmas Carol' Charles Dickens
                                         'The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe' CS Lewis
                                         'Just William: Christmas'
                                         'Hercule Poirot's Christmas'
                                        



Films: The Nightmare Before Christmas
            A Christmas Carol - various including A Muppet Christmas Carol
            It's a Wonderful Life
            Gremlins
           

TV:  The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe
         Only Fools & Horses
         The Vicar of Dibley
         Father Ted
         The Hogfather
         The Box of Delights

The Hogfather



There's always more Christmas films you forget that pop over the next month (although I saw some being shown in November...little too early I feel!)

So what literature/film & tv traditions do you have this time of year? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment