About Me

My photo
I currently live in Birmingham and come from Solihull. I have a love of all things crafty, developed from my mom's love of crafts as I was growing up. I currently work in marketing, but I'm a qualified Aromatherapist, and use to be self employed alongside a day job, might one day return to that. I try to fit in crafts when I can, I wish I had more time and money to spend on it! I enjoy researching my family history and finding out about the past. It can get frustrating, but is really rewarding when you have a break through! I hope to meet people with similar interests as me and swap advice/stories.

Friday 6 December 2013

Winter Recipe

A nice warming, wintery and Christmassy recipe, there are many ways to make this drink and you can experiment with various berry based juices if making a non-alcoholic drink.                                        
 
 
 
 
                                                            Mulled Wine                                                         
Ingredients
x1 bottle of red wine (or a berry juice if non-alcoholic, such as cranberry)
1/2 large carton of orange juice
x1 tablespoon of honey or brown sugar
x1 sliced orange, lemon or lime(optional)
8-10 cloves
x2 cinnamon sticks
x1 teaspoon allspice or ginger
x2 star anise
NB: you can also instead or as well as having slices of orange, use a whole orange and push the cloves into the orange (dependant on taste - 20-30 cloves) then leave the orange in the pan with the rest of the ingredients
 Place all ingredients into a pan. Heat gently until just about boiling, turn heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring now and then until all flavours are infused and fruit has softened. You can either strain the drink to remove spices or just watch as you pour out the drinks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment